Well you can say that you heard it here first! The end of 2015 is near!
I’m a big fan of the end of the year and the beginning of a new year. I have always enjoyed taking the time to look back and plan for the future. It’s the perfect time to note where you failed and succeeded. It’s the perfect time to make the necessary adjustments going forward.
With only hours away from the end of 2015, I encourage you to do three things.
- Reflect – Think back through the year and take note of the good and bad times. Though you may have endured some tough moments, the good usually always outweighs the bad.
- Respond – Now that you have done some reflecting, be sure to respond to God with praise & thanksgiving. You have reached the end of the year because of His goodness and faithfulness in your life. You may even need to respond in frustration or anger. That’s okay too. I think it’s best to get it off of your chest and leave it in 2015. Don’t take it with you into the new year! Let it go!
- Refocus – The new year is within reach. Make the adjustments to your life that will help you have a more productive 2016. Some call it New Year’s Resolutions. I prefer “New Year’s Refocus.” I just need to get back at it and a little refocusing is all I need.
- Get back to exercising and good health.
- Start saving money again (now that Christmas is over).
- Find a way to “give back” or to serve in your community.
- Connect or reconnect with your church family.
- Make room for the things that matter the most.
I pray that you have a blessed and prosperous New Year! May the goodness of the Lord be very present in your life. May you face everyday with courage, knowing that He goes before you and He follows you. (Psalm 139:5)
Now get busy! The end is near!