This weekend is the biggest weekend of the year at COP. Your friends and family are more likely to attend this Sunday than any other Sunday of the year. And COP is a great place to spend Easter Sunday.
When inviting guests and sitting with and around them on Sunday, here are a couple of things to consider.
- Pray. Spend some time in prayer and ask God whom you should invite. Go ahead and invite the person that keeps popping into your mind. That’s happening for a reason.
- Offer to buy your guests a meal either before or after the service. Food makes for a great reason to connect.
- Sit towards the middle of the row and leave the ends for our guests.
- Some guests may be unwilling to open up too much. Some may have been hurt in church or they may be skeptical about God and church. Give them some space but don’t miss the opportunity to greet them with love and kindness.
- When greeting our guests, let them know we are glad they are here. Ask their name and invite them back or to even sit with you.
- Simply use words like “We are glad to see you.” “Thanks for joining us.” There will be attenders who haven’t been in a while. Don’t make them feel weird by using statements like “Where have you been?” “We haven’t seen you in forever.”
- Ask them if they have any questions regarding the worship experience. If you can’t answer correctly, point them to an usher or greeter.
- Be excited and speak positive about COP! It’s not the perfect church but it’s a great place of worship and full of friendly families.
- Encourage them to complete the Connection Card and give it to a greeter on their way out.
- Try to catch them one more time before leaving. Wish them a great week and invite them back to the next worship experience.
- Realize that everyone will spend eternity somewhere. Let’s do our part to at least try and make that place heaven.
These are just a couple of suggestions to make Sunday a success. We want our guests to feel welcome and at home this coming Easter and every Sunday. Our intentional effort is important and could play an important part in ministering to people effectively.
There are invite cards at the Connection Center for you to share with your family and friends. Take several and reach out to as many as you can and let’s make this Resurrection Sunday the best ever at COP! #Committed to the Resurrection